Feed coming soon
· Never remove more than one third of the grass length on any one occasion.
· If your mower has four wheels you MUST overlap each run so that the wheels do not go in the same place all the time. Repeated grass cutting in the same track will produce ruts and tramlines!
· Sharpen your mower blades at least once a year. Dull mower blades tear-off rather than cut grass blades. The torn leaves give the lawn a whitish caste and may leave it more vulnerable to disease issues.
· Is your lawn thin and patchy? Simply cut and bag one week and mulch the following week. Continue alternating until your grass becomes fuller.
· Want an at home safe product to kill weeds? Simply mix 4 litres vinegar, 2 tbsp. salt and 1 tbsp. dish soap in a spray bottle. Be sure to spray directly on the weed as it will kill grass.
· For those icy walks, if you would like to use salt, we have found the best brand is Safe T-Salt, its cheap and the most effective. Use sparingly and let sit for 24 hours, use a scraper for an easier way to breakup the ice.
· Microwaving sand in a microwave-safe container and spreading it while it is still warm can make it more effective. It will embed itself into the ice, creating a gritty top layer.
· Stay away from walls: Snow piles can be just as bad for structure walls. Pressure can make the surface bend or crack, causing damage and leaks. Make sure to pile snow in an open area.
Check us out on Facebook